Friday, November 5, 2010

Special K Bars

One of my friends in Arizona always made these treats and I could never get enough of them. Whenever I make them I have to give half away because I could literally eat myself sick.

BEWARE...these are HIGH in calories, HIGH in fat and HIGH in all those other unhealthy things you shouldn't eat much of...but they are also SUPER HIGH in YUMMINESS!!!

Special K Bars

1 c. brown sugar
1 c. Karo syrup
1 c. peanut butter
1/2 T. margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
5 c. crushed Special K cereal (you can also use Rice Krispies, corn flakes or Chex)
6 oz. chocolate chips
5 oz. butterscotch chips

In larch saucepan, bring brown sugar and Karo syrup to a boil. Add peanut butter, margarine and vanilla. Remove from heat and pour mixture over cereal and mix well. Press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. In double boiler, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips and spread over bars. Cool and cut into bars. (I sprinkled more crushed cereal on top to make it pretty. Sprinkles would be fun too.)

And in case you need to justify eating them like I did...peanut butter is high in protein and Special K has all sorts of vitamins in it.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: