Friday, November 19, 2010

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

My mother in-law had some cinnamon swirl bread last time we were at her house and my kids LOVED it!  Who am I kidding?  I did too.  I saw some a few days after we got home at the grocery store and paid $2.50 for a loaf.  NOT ANYMORE!  After it was gone (which took about 2 days).  I decided I would just try and make some and it turned out GREAT!

  • Use your favorite bread recipe.  I used a white bread recipe but will try my wheat bread next time.  Sneak in a little nutrition!  The Hawaiian Bread recipe would be YUMMY too!
  • After the bread has risen divide into loaves. 
  • Roll out dough into a long oval no wider than the bread pan until about 1/2 inch thick.
  • Sprinkle cinnamon generously over the dough and add a little sugar if desired.  I probably used a couple tablespoons of cinnamon.  I added a little nutmeg and cardamom just because it sounded good.  They seem to go together in a lot of recipes and it made me feel like I was a real baker by adding other stuff.  ha!
  • Tightly roll dough into a loaf and place in lightly greased pan with the seam facing down.
  • Bake according to recipe directions.
I LOVE baking bread.  We hardly ever buy it anymore.  I'll be posting my favorite Honey Wheat Bread recipe and the White Bread recipe along with some bread making tips soon.  You don't have to be afraid of baking bread!  It's not that tough!!!

No comments: