- Use your favorite bread recipe. I used a white bread recipe but will try my wheat bread next time. Sneak in a little nutrition! The Hawaiian Bread recipe would be YUMMY too!
- After the bread has risen divide into loaves.
- Roll out dough into a long oval no wider than the bread pan until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle cinnamon generously over the dough and add a little sugar if desired. I probably used a couple tablespoons of cinnamon. I added a little nutmeg and cardamom just because it sounded good. They seem to go together in a lot of recipes and it made me feel like I was a real baker by adding other stuff. ha!
- Tightly roll dough into a loaf and place in lightly greased pan with the seam facing down.
- Bake according to recipe directions.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
My mother in-law had some cinnamon swirl bread last time we were at her house and my kids LOVED it! Who am I kidding? I did too. I saw some a few days after we got home at the grocery store and paid $2.50 for a loaf. NOT ANYMORE! After it was gone (which took about 2 days). I decided I would just try and make some and it turned out GREAT!